Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Just Don't Go

I wish for a day that I wouldn't have to leave the house, at all, not even open the front door. Although, I don't mind company, I just don't want to go... anywhere.
I am super social, can't wait to join up, sign up, be involved... but even I have limits. I find as I age, my limits are becoming more and more apparent to me. It never used to bother me to go every day all day. In college, I worked three part-time jobs and took twenty credit hours in one semester. I would have to change my clothes at stop lights I was so busy! It never occurred to me to want to go home, or to do less.
But, now... now, I am content in my home. Praise the Lord! That is something many women pray for and long for, and I have it. I am truly content in my home. I don't like to leave it. All the things I go out for are important, and not things I want to cut out, but sometimes I wake up in the morning and just think, 'oh it would be so nice to just hang around the house and not go anywhere today'. We've not had a day that we could do that in quite some time.
But, tomorrow. Granted, tomorrow is Wednesday and there is Advent service at our church, but today is Tyler's birthday. He could have asked for anything, but he only wanted for one day to be in charge, he only wants to hang around the house and play games with his dad all day, and maybe eat some of his favorite meals. But, today was the Christmas Party for our homeschool co-op (and there was sledding). We couldn't miss that!
So, while every day holds worthy things to take us away from home, and even tomorrow's outside activities call to us, we will grant Tyler's wish (and mine). We will take one day to just not go and we will savor every minute of that day.
Children really are a blessing from the Lord.

No comments: