Thursday, May 15, 2008

SMALL BUSINESS GRANT

WoW! God sure knows how to keep me on track and focused on Him. I've been torn in several directions lately. Trying to find time to write the next set of books, keep up with the blog, send out newsletters, market and sell books - while at the same time running an Ebay business just to keep the bills paid. When I think that the Ebay business is distracting me from the books and our ministry, God dumps more consignment items (sometimes even donations) on our door step - literally, they are just left at the door. When I think that we should pursue the Ebay business and maybe the books are just a pipe dream, then God opens doors in that direction. He never allows me to rely on either business or any earthly thing, but always keeps me wondering what He'll provide next, what He'll ask of me next.
Today, as I was focusing on Ebay and trying to figure out how many items had to sell to pay the bills; He sent Isaiah 55:9 "My ways are higher than your ways" - as if I didn't already know that, at least I should've already known that.
Then, we received an email stating that our business is on the semi-finalist list for a $1000 small business grant from Idea Cafe. The link in this blog will take you to that site and you can see us on the right hand side about the 6th one down on the list. So, we invite you to go check it out. We won't know for awhile if we win or not, there is still the finalist round to go through, but we plan to use the grant money to pay registration fees at homeschool conferences so that we can meet and talk with more of you.
Thanks and don't forget to check out our site at www.vacationeducationbooks.com
Corinne Johnson

No comments: