Friday, March 27, 2009

Animal Kingdom; my favorite page so far

As I am working on the finishing touches for Vacation Education destination Animal Kingdom, I came across this page and decided that it is by far my favorite.

It is the introduction page for the section on Dinoland

There is a great controversy surrounding dinosaurs and their history. There is a theory of evolution that is commonly reported as factual.
I am not a scientist, and I can not scientifically prove or disprove the ideas that make up the theory of evolution. However, I can tell you that it is not possible to believe in the Bible and believe in evolution. They can not both be true. Here’s why.
Genesis Chapter One. On day 6, all land creatures were created, including man. This would have to include dinosaurs. According to evolution, dinosaurs were all dead before man even existed, so to believe in evolution, we would have to say that the book of Genesis is a FALSE account of history, therefore saying that God’s Word is not true. I am unwilling to do that, therefore I must say that there is a flaw in the theory of evolution. But, there’s more.
Let’s look again at Genesis Chapter One, verses 29 & 30, then Romans chapter 5, verses 12—14, and First Corinthians 15: 20-22.
What brought death to this earth? It was sin.
If sin (done by man and woman) caused death upon the earth…
This I believe is foundational to Christian faith
If the wages of sin are death, and Christ came to pay the penalty for our sins, and to defeat death, giving us the gift of everlasting life, which I can claim by Grace through faith (see Ephesians chapter two verse eight), then my salvation depends upon that being true in its entirety.
If the theory of evolution is correct and the dinosaurs were dead before man even existed, then what brought death to earth?
If death and bloodshed existed prior to man, then sin did not cause death, and Christ’s payment for my sins can not save me from death, and my eternal salvation is hanging in the balance…
So, as I said above, I can not scientifically prove the theory of evolution to be false, nor can I prove the Bible to be true; these are tasks for much more learned minds than mine. But, my faith rests in Christ, and I believe that the history of this world happened just the way that God says it did. I pray that you do too.


All of that being said, Dinosaurs are very cool and we can enjoy learning about them! So, come on with me on a Dinosaur Adventure! First, to the Boneyard...


The author of this blog, Corinne Johnson is a Christian homeschooling mom to six, help meet to her husband Don, and author of Vacation Education Books.
www.vacationeducationbooks.net

No comments: