Tuesday, January 22, 2008

When can I pause?

I'm feeling a bit overwhelmed, but mostly grateful, as I sit hear writing this post. My children are quietly (well, mostly quietly) resting (sort of) in the next room. We are at the Kalahari Resort for the Unschoolers Winter Waterpark Gathering (nearly 1000 in attendance I've heard). We are here for the week, and it should be a time to mellow and relax. We are here to network, and speak, raffle off some product, and maybe even make a few sales. But, we are also here as a reward for finishing the second book.
Yes, it is finished! At least from my end, it is complete, unless I get an email from the printer with something that I have to change. The official release date is March, 2008. We will be introducing it at the Illinois In Home Convention for the first time.
It is all very exciting and getting it finished meant that we could take some time off and hang out at the resort. But, we have been go go go since we left the house last Friday. I keep moving, in slow motion, and thinking when can we stop. There is the water park (Super Fun!), conference events, speakers, workshops, grocery shopping to stock the kitchen, clearance sale shopping, mall shopping, restocking books at stores along the way (Really really excited that it is necessary because that means the items are selling out, but also somewhat overwhelmed by the enormity of it all). There is just so much to do and I can't help but wonder, when will I pause?
What are we doing today, the kids want to know. Could we do nothing? Would that be alright? Well, the adrenaline is pumping and everyone is excited to get out and explore the resort. So, unpause and back to changing babies and searching for life jackets, making sure no one loses their suit, or shoes or anything else along the way.
And, what might we do tomorrow?
How about nothing, just for one day, wouldn't that be alright?
Doubtful.

1 comment:

Donna Alice said...

What a terrific experience to meet you (and the other writers) at the Writing Funshop on Wednesday night! I was truly inspired by your story about what God is doing in your life with your books. Came home and looked up your website and the blog. I am really excited about seeing your books become well-known.

Do you anticipate being in Cincinnati, Ohio at the homeschool convention in March? Maybe we can meet for tea or something.

I'm going to keep in contact so that we can encourage one another as writers. I believe God puts us all into one another's lives for a reason and I am so glad to have met you at Kalhari. We ended up having to leave mid afternoon on Thursday. My sister and brother had to be at work on Friday and were afraid of getting caught in bad weather.

As it ended up, we got stuck in a mini-blizzard on one side of Columbus. Tried to switch to 4-wheel drive and my sis thought the transmission went out! But, God led us through the situation and we were soon on our way. I'm sorry to have missed all the great speakers on Thursday but glad to be home.

Excited to start on more projects!