Wednesday, June 4, 2008

What is your end goal?

What is your end goal? What are you building toward?
We are all building something; building lives, building families, building businesses.
But, what for?
I am often reminded that God is the architect of my life, and I'm glad for that because if I was to make the plans, my structure would undoubtedly collapse.
As we are preparing the fields, God blesses us in many ways. I am known for saying, "I never turn down a blessing." We are often given food and clothing, and sometimes people apologize to us, and say, "I hope you're not offended, but I thought you could use this." I'm never offended and always thankful for the blessing.
Sometimes, it is hard to see a blessing as such though. We are making plans and we believe that we are following the path that God has laid out for us. Our plan is
SELL VAN = BUY A CONVERTED BUS
SELL CONTENTS OF HOME = PAY OFF ALL DEBTS
SELL HOUSE = PAY CONFERENCE FEES FOR NEXT YEAR
SELL BOOKS = PAY BILLS WHILE WE ARE ON THE ROAD
Then, God surprised us with a blessing!
We will be welcoming a new addition to our family next January. There are some who would consider this to be something other than a blessing, however, the Lord gives us His word that children are a blessing from the Lord. It would be heretical to say it isn't so. While in some ways, this news gives us a whole new set of schematics to work around; it really is just schematics.
Little things, like where will we have the baby, Jacob was born at home in a water birth, it was wonderful, my midwife was great...
we'd like to do it that way again, but we are also hoping that our house will be sold by then...
so then what?
Primarily, all our questions come back to "How does this fit into our plans?"
But, we should be asking "What does God have planned?"
In the end, it comes down to two choices; Are we trying to build a tower of babel with our own hands to live in luxury of our own making or are we working with God in hopes that He will grant us life in the Paradise that He has built?
I know where I would rather be, do you?
What are you building today?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Corinne, Congratulations on the new little one. We are also expecting, Twins, in January (more likely December then). I hope that you are able to continue working on reducing your debt and proceeding with your touring plans? Have you read Dave Ramsey? He's a great resource for learning how to get financial houses in order, and does it from a Biblical perspective.